The Magoebaskloof Mountain Lodge, one of Limpopo’s top travel and tourist attractions hotspot, is conveniently located within the majestic Magoebaskloof Mountains, at the northeastern edge of the Drakensburg Mountains in Limpopo Province, South Africa. As soon as you enter the lodge, you are engulfed by the mountain’s natural, cool, misty air and the lushness of its vegetation. There are lots of adventure activities to be enjoyed in and around the mountains.
Magoebaskloof Mountain Lodge has a variety of accommodation options for both big and small families. All are comfortable and attractive.
- You can opt to stay in a room with a double bed, DSTV, as well as tea and coffee making facilities. An overnight bed and breakfast option is also available.
- Or you can stay in one of the family chalets, all recently renovated. These have 1 to 2 bedrooms and accommodate 2 to 6 people. They have more beds, a sleeper couch, a well-equipped kitchen for self-catering, a braai area, a private patio, an open plan lounge with DSTV, and parking space.
The Magoebaskloof Mountain Lodge offers guests numerous opportunities to mix and mingle. It has an outdoor pool, a children’s play area with trampoline, a garden, restaurant and bar. A delicious continental breakfast is served each morning at the lodge. There is also free Wi-Fi in the public areas.
Magoebaskloof Mountain Lodge is the perfect location for you to explore Magoebaskloof and Haenertsburg and the areas around them. There are many activities to try. These include:
- exhilarating mountain biking and hiking excursions
- bird watching expeditions in the indigenous forests and nature reserves
- canopy tours
- crocodile feeding
- horse riding
- jet skiing on the Ebeneezer and Tzaneen dams
- fly fishing
Magoebaskloof Mountain Lodge is also about an hour’s drive to the world-renowned Kruger National Park. It’s the perfect stop over for those on their way to this national treasure.
You may also like to take a trip to the Cherrio Gardens, located in the Magoebaskloof Forest where you can witness the colorful sight of crab apple and cherry trees, and of azaleas blooming. The gardens also contain a series of dams whose banks are littered with both African and English garden vegetation. These gardens are a dream for birders as they attract many bird species.
Within reach of the expansive beauty of Magoebaskloof Mountain Lodge are the Dabengeni Falls. Their fabulous backdrop is a great place for picnicking, while the refreshing waters of the falls and the pool they rumble into, are ideal for cooling off, especially after a hard walk, hike or bike ride, on one of the Magoebaskloof trails. One example is the grueling Dabengeni Downhill Ride which brings bikers here through scenic plantations and rainforests. It’s a great spot for bird watchers, too. Additionally, over 40 varieties of indigenous trees are to be seen in the area, making it a great ecological site.
Magoebaskloof Mountain Lodge provides access to other interesting events. Staff are on hand to lead you in the right direction.